Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independence Day


Wow, it's 4th of July! How did this happen already? June was a blur with teaching a class in summer school twice a week for 5 weeks on top of a full time day job. So on 04 July I celebrated by baking back at the kitchen of Open Arms. I made Dark Chocolate Sables for 360. I forgot what a nice dough this is to work with. You basically end up with 7-8 giant tootsie rool shaped doughs weighing 4 pounds each. What's not to love? It was fun to make and I think the clients will be happy.

Then it was off to check out the Midtown Farmer's market and then the Mill City Farmer's market as well. Normally my usual stop is the Saint Paul Farmer's market, but I wanted to do something different today. Usually, I tend to overbuy when I'm at the farmer's market. This time I went with no money. So I had the opportunity to just; walk, look, talk with people and think about what I could make with the products available. It was a good experience and there was a lot of produce at home already.

Then it was time to watch the depart a Monaco for the Tour de France! So until 26 July I'll be catching up on Versus cable channel (and blog), the New York Times sports pages (and blog),and VeloNews. I have been a Tour nerd for over twenty years, and this is my usual July activity.

I love July!

And the extra surprize, I see the Foodnetwork had started their Next Footnetwork TV star show a few weeks ago. So, I'll be catching up on the three weeks I missed.

And finally getting back to Tuesday's with Dorrie. Sunday I'm baking Tribute-To-Katherine Hepburn Brownies.

The photo is the deck in the back yard and the corn and sunflowers growing in the Earthboxes.

No comments: