Saturday, December 20, 2008

12 days of Christmas? No 3 days of Tikka


My friend Jane is in Cape Town South Africa for six months. A few weeks ago I got a little surprize package from Jane. It was two packets of Chicken Tikka Masala and Butter Chicken mix. Both of these are different dry mixes that you add to cooked chicken and sliced tomatoes. So last night (Friday) was the first day of tikka. We tried the Chicken Tikka Masala. Sorry, but I forgot to get a photo of the dish! Saute the chicken in 2 TLB oil, add 4 sliced tomatoes and the dry mix. In about 20 min it is done. I drained the oil before adding the tomatoes, this wasn't in the instructions, but that was too much oil to keep. Made some jasmine rice to go along with the tikka. At best I would say it was ok. Would I recommend? No, stick with the Wollie's version (that will be the third day of tikka!)

No comments: