Monday, March 2, 2009

Not Chocolate Armagnac Cake but Chocolate Wiskey Cake




This week for TWD we made Chocolate Armagnac Cake-The cake that got me fired. My version was whisky, not Armagnac. I also would have been fired, but not for creativity as was the case for Dorie, but for baking a not great cake in my case!

My learnings; take the time to go buy the bottle of Armagnac, chop the prunes a bit finer, and let the cake cool for more than an hour before frosting. All in all I didn't start working on this until after 8PM on a Monday night and was done before 11PM. And finally don't bake after a long day at work!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad it didn't work out for you. Maybe next week will be better.

Amanda said...

Oh wow three hours?? Sorry you weren't very happy with it, and I can just imagine the dishes, I know how many I had! LOL I loved the cake, but only my daughter would eat it with me. I have a bunch of dark chocolate haters in my house :-P

Jules Someone said...

It certainly looks delicious. We went with the whisky version as well.

Jennifer said...

Nice job!

chocolatechic said...

I just used French Brandy.

Linda said...

I've gotta give you props for making the effort after a long day at work!