Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chocolate Cream Tart, baking with friends, and Julia Child's house in Cambridge
















Wow, where to start? I spent the weekend in Cambridge, MA (where I used to live) with my friend Stephanie. We made dinner, baked this TWD recipe, drank wine on the deck in great weather, had some great meals out. It was a great weekend! We had fun baking the Chocolate Cream Tart. We made the chocolate shortbread dough a day ahead and froze it in the pan. I think the only problem we had was slightly overbaking it. Directions were add 5 min to the 25 + 8 min to fully bake the crust. Next time, I think will be a few minutes less in the oven. The filling went well as did the topping and chocolate shaving. Also ran a little short of the topping, bu tno complaints and it tasted good!

Between the making of the dough and finishing the tart was the drive to see Julia Child's old house. See yesterday's post.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you liked it! It looks great!

Kayte said...

Looks very elegant and lovely. I really need to have you teach me how to do those chocolate shavings you have on the top...I am clueless on those! Great job!
Kayte (at another Table)
www.grandmaskitchentable.typepad.com

TeaLady said...

Looks great. Lucky you to visit Julia's house. The shrine of the home cook.....