Monday, April 27, 2009

Julia & Paul Child's Cambridge House
















I was back in Cambridge,MA 25-27 April. I stayed with a long time friend (not an old friend!) Stephanie, and she showed me a postcard from about a year ago. It was a notice that the house of Julia & Paul Child was for sale. So we did a drive by and you can see the photos here as well as the postcard. It is a big house, over 6,000 sq ft. The timing of seeing this was fun. Stephanie and I were making the current recipe for Tuesday's with Dorrie this weekend, while staying in Cambridge. Dorrie had worked with Julia on previous cookbooks, so there was a link. I also remember walking by Julia in Harvard Square many years ago when I lived there. It is also timely that I am reading Appetite for Life, the biography of Julia Child by Noel Riley Fitch.

2 comments:

Kayte said...

How fun...and it was interesting reading and seeing JC's house!

Bill said...

Great post! I found your blog while searching for some info on Julia. I also used to live in the Harvard Square area (a few blocks from Julia's house) and I now live in Minneapolis. Thought you might be interested in the link below regarding the current occupants of the house.
Bill

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2009/08/31/new_occupants_get_cooking_in_julia_childs_former_house/