Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sneaking food into the cinema




When you were in high school, college, other did you sneak food into the cinema? My brother, and soon to be sister-in-law used to sneak in food. Faith had a oversized purse she kept in the car for just this reason! We would buy bags of chips, cans of soda, etc and fill the bag. Once the lights went down out came our goodies at much lower prices.




Fast forward about thirty years. My friend Joyce had mentioned that she was going to attend a Live HD broadcast of the Metropolitan Opera at a local cinema. She asked me if I was intersted and I said sure. She also told me that she often put a peanutbutter sandwich in her purse for a little something for the long operas. Well, look at the photo. This is a sample of what I sneak inside a small knapsack for our opera picnics! This is what I made for Orfeo ed Euridice. It was better than the picnic for La Rondine, which was better than the one for Thaiis. So I think if the trend continues, then the picnic for Madama Butterfly, La Sonnambula, and La Cenerentola will be even bette.


To check out information on the Met Opera Live HD broadcasts go to http://www.metoperafamily.org/

No comments: