Monday, February 16, 2009

TWD Devil's Food White-Out Cake

Finished


Mmm
Peeking in the oven







Getting ready to bake
This week's recipe for Tuesday's with Dorie is Devil's Food White-Out Cake. It was fun to make! Baked the cakes on Sunday afternoon. The boo-boos were I forgot to put the melted chocolate into the batter before pouring into the pans. So, I just drizzled it over the top of the batter in the pans. Then I forgot to put the cut out parchment into the bottom of the pans before pouring in the batter! The cakes came out of the pans no problem, even without the parchment. The drizzled melted chocolate looked a little interesting on the baked cakes. The frosting was fairly srtaightforward. Adding the crumbled cake slice was interesting. The melted chocolate drizzle on the top of the cake was a problem when I crumbled it up. I didn't realize that the chunks were so big with the drizzled chocolate holding them together. Oh, well it will still taste good!

6 comments:

Shelby said...

Of course it will still taste good! :-)

Kimberly Johnson said...

Great looking cake!

Leslie said...

Yum! I like the idea of pouring chocolate on the top, even if that isn't the recipe, because chocolate poured on the top of anything is a step in the right direction!

Steph said...

I love how you drizzled the chocolate on top!

Nancy said...

Great cake. Love your cake keeper!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked it. The cake was wonderful. YUM.