Sunday, November 16, 2008

Let them eat cake!

Saturday 15 November 2008

I was baking at Open Arms of Minnesota today. Instead of making a recipe for over 400 servings, I frosted and decorated cakes. My job for today was to take eight frozen cakes (baked earlier in the week) and frost and decorate them. The cakes were then to be placed in cartons and kept in the walk -in for distribution this week. When clients have a birthday, an individual birthday cake is included with their weekly meal delivery. So today half of the cakes I frosted with scratch made chocolate frosting, and the other half with scratch made cream cheese frosting. Decorations included mini M&Ms, mini butterscotch morsels, and multicolored fine granulated sugars. It took longer than I though, and it was a lot of fun. I hope clients with birthdays this week enjoy the surprize!

No comments: