Tuesday, November 18, 2008

TWD Round 2 for Arborio Rice Pudding, just white this time


Monday, 17 November 2008

So I made Arborio rice for a second time. This time I increased the rice from 1/4 to 1/2 cup and I increased cooking time from 30 to 55 minutes. Definately not rice soup this time! I only made the vanilla version. After almost 24 hrs in the fridge, I tried it. Very tasty, not soupy, and the vanilla was really pleasant. I would say a success, next time re-try the chocolate! But I have a question, what about the growing bubbles of skin when it is cooking? I had to mix it fairly frequently to keep the bubbles from getting too big.

4 comments:

Sara said...

My rice pudding bubbled up quite a bit, and I found that you definitely have to stir it a lot more than the recipe insinuates. You aren't the only one.

Mary Ann said...

I had the skin forming at the top of my pudding too, while it was bubbling. I thought about stirring it in, but removed it because it was a little gross. I think I am going to try this again since you had better success on the second round!

Teanna DiMicco said...

Way to try it again! I'm so glad that it turned out well and that you loved it!

margot said...

I did exactly the same thing: made it with 1/2 cup the second time. My second batch was too thick, even though I added extra milk. Glad yours turned out well.